Tier 5 GAE
- In order to apply for a Tier 5 GAE visa, the individual must apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship. For us to assess if the individual is eligible for sponsorship, they must have secured a full-time, temporary paid internship offer from a UK employer. Please note that we do not arrange placements for the candidates we sponsor and each individual must have a placement offer in hand before we can advise on the sponsorship.
- The minimum qualification requirement is that of an undergraduate enrolled on a course at a NARIC-listed institution. If, however, the individual is a graduate or post-graduate, then their last education should not have been completed longer than 3 years ago.
- The internship role must be supernumerary (i.e outside of the organisation's regular staffing requirements) and must not fit into a Tier 2 (General) occupation category; thereby not affecting the UK Resident Labour Market.
- The internship offered must be a full-time placement and the conditions of employment in line with The National Minimum Wage Act and all other applicable legislation.
- The intern must be above 18 years of age.
- The Employer must be a UK registered company, charity or government department.
- Any work that the Intern undertakes must be at a skill level of NVQ Level 3 or above.
- The Employer offering the internship must have the financial and personnel resources to support and supervise the Intern throughout the period of their internship. If the employer is not a Tier 2 sponsor, we require a copy of the Employers Liability Insurance Certificate, Latest Audited Accounts with the name of the Accountant clearly stated and Employers PAYE Number.
- This program is not open to employers in hospitality or care sectors.